Sunday, May 23, 2010

Let me show you my boy parts...

Years ago, a friend told me that I had "boy parts".

Now, before you start spreading crazy rumors, let me assure you that I am, in fact, anatomically female. Having "boy parts" simply means that I possess a few qualities, and enjoy certain activities, that some people would consider to be masculine. I love things like video games, action sci-fi movies, tattoos, rude jokes and farting.

At the same time, though, I love makeup, poetry, unicorns, pictures of kittens and cooking. And farting.

Anyway, the point is: I have enjoyed experimenting with gender roles from a young age. Below, you can see a little photographic evidence.

Here I am at age 11 - I was absolutely thrilled that I got to dress up as a Wild West-era belle:


I remember being completely in love with the huge, feathered hat and the enormous, swoosh-y skirt.

Now, here I am at 21 with then-boyfriend, Peter:


I wanted to be a cowboy so badly! And there I was, living the dream: Me, a lecherous, beer-swilling, prostitute-groping cowboy.

And, clearly, Pete had some "girl parts" so this photo op was perfect for us.

Well, that's all for tonight. Sweet dreams, everyone. Give both your boy parts and your girl parts a kiss for me, okay?

No comments: