Saturday, May 1, 2010

Delicious Boy Brains!

The other day Jason picked up a green scarf of mine and draped it around his head and neck so that he bore a striking resemblance to a Russian peasant woman.

"I like that look on you," I said. "It would make a great disguise."

"Yeah," he said. "An awesome disguise."

Then he lifted both ends of the scarf in front of him and added, "Plus, I could attach razor blades to the ends and..."

He completed the rest of his thought by twirling the scarf-ends, nunchuck-style, at imaginary assailants while making whipping and slashing sound effects. I laughed.

"You're such a boy," I said.

Jason paused and stared at me.

"What, you've never thought of that?" he asked, eyebrows raised, in genuine disbelief.

"No," I insisted, still laughing, "I really haven't."

Jason shook his head and continued his scarf attack.


It's true, readers: I hadn't thought of that. It's something I plan to work on though.

No comments: