Thursday, May 27, 2010

True Story

re-crave

- verb (used with object)
  1. To crave, with at least double mega-intensity, something recently consumed.

I am totally re-craving the blueberry-banana smoothie I had today with lunch. I'm getting all sweaty just thinking about it.

When I was a little kid and I was craving cake, or strawberries, or lettuce and butter sandwiches* or any other treat not readily available to me, I would sometimes draw a picture of the food I was craving on a small piece of scrap paper. I would then eat that piece of paper. True story.

It never worked very well back then - that dry, chewy wad of tasteless paper didn't really satisfy - so I have no reason to think it would work now. No reason, that is, other than my nagging, desperate re-craving and the hope that more modern technology might save me.

Here we go...

Nope. Still doesn't work. And now I have to figure out the best way to clean saliva smears off a computer screen.




* - That's a story for another day.

No comments: