Monday, April 12, 2010

Narcissus of the Toilet

I spent most of yesterday doing my best impression of Narcissus. Only, instead of slowly perishing while staring into the water of a reflecting pool,  I was staring into the water of a toilet bowl. When I wasn't spending serious face time with the toilet, I was in bed - whimpering, sweating and attempting to keep down the tiny sips of Gatorade that Jason was feeding me.

The last time I remember feeling that sick was when I had meningitis. A close runner-up, though, would be when, as a kid, I played in puddles of hurricane water after Hurricane Bob and got giardiasis. Interested in a bad time? Get giardiasis. The misery of this intestinal infection was followed closely by the humiliation of learning that giardiasis is also known as "beaver fever".

Yup. My name is Lola, and I once suffered from beaver fever.

I'm feeling much better now. Tonight I was able to eat some actual solid food for the first time since Friday. I felt so grown up! Tomorrow's plans include more solid food and, at some point, a blog entry that doesn't focus on stomach ailments.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Noel said...

That's quite the resume of illnesses you have!