Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Dumbest Nap Ever

Today, after visiting with my family in Plymouth, my parents were kind enough to give me a ride all the way back to Salem.

When I was an infant, my mother would sometimes take me for a drive to help me fall asleep. The soothing movement of the car passing over the pavement beneath always knocked me right out. Thus, as an adult, I tend to get a little sleepy when I'm riding passenger in an automobile.

So I totally passed out on the drive home today. I passed out  so quickly, in fact, that I crumpled into the most uncomfortable and spine-abusing position possible. When I woke up I found myself with my lap facing forward, my torso twisted awkwardly at the waist and my face planted in my overnight bag.

I felt not very well rested and, hours later, my back still hurts.

Oh well, better luck next nap.

No comments: