Saturday, March 6, 2010

"I'm checking my Facebook! I'm checking my Facebook on my iPod!"

Oh man. Jason got me good last night.

He arrived home, after doing some errands, and reached into his pocket.

"I got you a new case for your nano," he said.

I looked down at the large, pink case in his hand. I frowned. Something wasn't right. Slowly, like the rust-crusted parts of an abandoned lawnmower, the gears in my mind started to turn.

That pink case was way too big for my nano.

"Oh," Jason said, seeing me furrow my brow, "of course I realized after buying the case that it was too big. So I got you an iPod that would fit in the case."

Then he pulled out a shiny new, smiling, glorious iPod Touch.

I spent the rest of the night half-crazed, playing with my new gadget; hissing and spitting like a protective mama cat if Jason got too close to it, and occasionally shouting out narrative jubilations on whatever new function I had just happened to discover.

"I'm checking my Facebook! I'm checking my Facebook on my iPod!"

All in all, Jason put up with my mania pretty well.

No comments: