Thursday, January 28, 2010

Lola Cutter Hensel is writing a blog entry.


I see a lot of girlies

on the internet today,
they don't know how to spell
but they've got a lot to say.

I've been feeling nostalgic. Today I thought about my friend Mark, who I haven't seen in over six years.

One time, at a party, Mark led me to an empty room and sat me down. He held my hand and looked into my eyes. His face was grave. "Lola," he said "I have to tell you something." I waited. He squeezed my hand and said, "I have SIDS."

I froze, confused. For a second I was convinced that he had meant to say "AIDS" but, in his emotional state, had misspoken. Then he said, "At any moment I could turn into a baby and die."

I miss him.* He doesn't, however, have a Facebook account and how does anyone keep in touch with anyone without Facebook? I don't remember it well, but the pre-internet age must have been a very dark and terrible time. No one ever knew what anyone else's status was.




* - To the best of my knowledge, Mark is still both adult and alive.

1 comment:

Miss Kolleen said...

ah yes-- my friend jenna fell into the vast wasteland of "those with no discernable location/ facebook"