Friday, February 6, 2009

ink!

Today I'm going to see Molly at Witch City Ink to get work started on the sleeve I have planned for my right arm! The theme for the sleeve is "images from books and movies I loved as a kid". Today we're starting with images from The Last Unicorn and The Secret of NIMH.

In anticipation of my big day, I was browsing the Last Unicorn page at IMDb. I didn't realize until now what a totally amazing cast that movie had!

Witness:

Jeff Bridges ... Prince Lir
Alan Arkin ... Schmendrick
Mia Farrow ... Unicorn/Amalthea
Angela Lansbury ... Mommy Fortuna
Christopher Lee ... King Haggard
Rene Auberjonois ... The Skull

That's right. My favorite movie as a child featured the voice talents of the Dude, the Dead Granpa, the Rosemary's Baby's Mother, the Murder She Wrote, the Saruman the White and the Odo. I love it.

Inspired, I decided to check out the page for Secret of NIMH. While there were a couple of fun surprises (like the kid who played Gordie Lachance in Stand By Me!), I was disturbed to find out that little Teresa was voiced by a nine-year-old Shannen Doherty.

Wish me luck!


No comments: