Thursday, January 29, 2009

a longer entry, since i live and die by my sister's approval...

This is a great story... from flight attendant to Prime Minister? Well done, Ms. Sigurdardottir!


I would now like to announce a monumental change in the way I live my life.

Ready?

Okay...

Inspired by this blog entry, I have elected to get with the times. From now on, I will be using only one space after a period instead of two.

To be honest, I hadn't even been aware that there was any kind of controversy over this issue. At some point in my childhood, when I was learning to type, someone told me, "Period, space, space," and that was that.

Now I have to un-train my thumb from doing that automatic double-pulse after every period. It won't be easy. It won't be fun.

But with the support of my loved ones, I think I can do it.

4 comments:

Miss Kolleen said...

i read Reviving Opelia in high school. It was good stuff.

Not Jason Dubinsky said...

I had no idea that there was such dissent over the use of the space bar. Amazing.

Anonymous said...

IT SUCKS - trust me. Listen, you know my job is essentially proof reading, right? Well the double space after a period became unacceptable at FM Global about a year and a half ago. You know how hard it's been for myself and everyone else here to get out of that habit? I literally have spent the last year and a half erasing a space between practically every sentence these engineers write in their reports. Do you have any idea how much time that takes up? Double spaces have become my ultimate nemesis. Double spaces and snow - hate them both.
Oh, and btw, much better post. My name is Julie Fitzgerald and I approve your message.

Anonymous said...

ok, it's been a week, another post would be nice.