Thursday, December 16, 2010

Your Sushi's So Easy...

This sign is posted in front of my favorite Chinese restaurant:



I love this sign.

I assume that what they meant to say was, "Our sushi chef can even prepare sushi in your home," - a sort of "imagine the possibilities" enticement. Instead, a simple misplacement of words makes this advertisement come across as a condescending comment on how remarkably easy sushi preparation is.

"Even our sushi chef can prepare sushi in your home... and he's 
a drunken howler monkey. So what's your excuse?"



Alas, the oh-so-elementary skill of making sushi is beyond my ability, so I'm forced to rely on the disdainful proprietors of this Chinese restaurant for my maki fix.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sushi so simple, even a sushi chef can make it!

Unknown said...

also, caramel maki-mato